Re: Wishbone Pan Nuts

To: dwramsey@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Wishbone Pan Nuts
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 18:38:31 PDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have never had a properly torqued grade 8 shear on me but maybe I'm
just lucky so far. As far as the wishbone pan bolts I thought we were
referring to the A-arm spring pan that holds the spring in place and if
so those bolts are under tensile stresses as they hold the spring in
compression with little or no shear stress on them hence the method of
using longer bolts to relieve the load and thus remove the springs if
this is not what I thought we were referring to just what is a wishbone
pan nut?.