Heater Removal?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Heater Removal?
From: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 08:31:53 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
OK, so it's really summer here in the South, and
that means HOT! And, my heater control valve (on
the back end of the block) won't close down without
leaking. I know, I know, I'm gonna buy a new one.
but in the meantime, how best to kill the flow of hot
water thru the heater core?

1. I could merely remove the hose from the valve, bypass
the heater box, and run it right back into the return
pipe.

2. I could remove the valve entirely and make a small
blanking plate. But then, what do I do about the return
pipe or open heater tube?

Also, anybod know of a source for these valves at a relatively
reasonable cost.

chuck

chuck ciaffone chuckc@ibm.net