Re: Bead Blasting etc.

To: d0m6803@acs.tamu.edu
Subject: Re: Bead Blasting etc.
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 02:13:44 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
d0m6803@acs.tamu.edu wrote:
> I also heard of a tool for removing the spot welds of the old
> panels.

  There is a "drill-bit-like" too that you use like a drill bit
but takes less time.

  It sort of pilots the center of the hole with a small
bit, and then removes a circle around the weld.

> Are any of you familier with the tools/procedures involved with
> removing sills, rocker, trunk floor/ floors?

  An hour ago I was removing spot welds on my B sill, does
that count? ;>

  Use the spot weld tool on all the spot welds you can
find. Get a good bolster chisel to "peel" the throw-away
panel off, and it'll also clearly show you the spot welds
you missed.

  It's slow and frustrating, but not difficult.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/