Re: Part Number Cross Ref. list

To: b-evans@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Part Number Cross Ref. list
From: GMari58175@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 07:10:59 EDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-06-26 23:58:24 EDT, b-evans@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Brilliant idea.  However, which numbers do you want to cross-reference?  >>

Bob,
It may not be so brilliant.  I'm only cross referencing the various numbers
issued for a specific part.  For example, a Smiths fuel guage will have a
Smiths part number but also a BMC part number.  My list will reference both
numbers next to the part description.  The whole purpose was when at flea
markets and shows to see a part that looked correct, but I like a dummy didn't
bring my Lucas part book and the NOS  Lucas box doesn't reference the BMC part
number, etc.  Now I can sort and easily see if a part I'm looking at is the
correct one for the cars I'm interested in.
I'm not interested in seeing for example, that the Washer bottle cap on the
bugeye is the same as on the MGA )(it is by the way).  Or that various parts
were used on other makes.  Anyway, I believe I have the parts reference manual
your refering to, but may seek your advice on some specific items.  thanks.

george marinos
sprite MKII AN6
glen rock, nj