Re: Congratulations, Frank!

Subject: Re: Congratulations, Frank!
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 17:03:10 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Leo Speichinger wrote:

> not tolerate junk parts suppliers. Maybe its time to form a new Supplier
> here in the states. But the question arises, Is there enough volume of
> people that demand quality products to sustain it business lifeblood "
> called ROIC" return on invested capital.

We mustn't forget that NONE of the LBC owners who are not on these lists
are as "tightly knit" and communicate as much as we are.
The typical owner is much more on his own and does not hear the concerns
we have.  A significant percentage of owners doesn't even know that more
than one or two parts suppliers exist.  They are happy that they can get
parts at all and then write silly little thank you notes in Moss Motoring.

This says two things:
1) If the Spriget list stops buying from a certain supplier, they won't
go bankrupt
2) It would be hard to get the word out convincingly to nonlisters that
another supplier really is selling better parts.

                                                           '67 Sprite