New owner

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New owner
From: Wayne Lowry <hotwheels@longviewtx.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 07:30:49 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hopefully I got this right this time. I am a brand new LBC owner and
have been listening for a week or two.
First..I need a brake adjuster! The previous owner (is that DPO?) was no
mechanic and
all the wheel cylinders gunked up on me. He let the car sit because of a
bad dist cap and I am repairing the neglect damage. It sat with the park
brake on for a year and then adjusted the brakes full in to make the car
move. Adjuster broke on the front.
I have found this part (60 bugeye front) in catalogs for $50.00!!!!!
I am not a cheap man but this is a bit much. I have also rethought my
purchases of
rubber parts until I can get an idea of where the quality is. I have
heard of a place called
AH Spares but have not found an address or net site for them.
Any suggestions will help. Please help me get my little car on the road
soon.
This one part is all that is keeping me off the twisties and out of the
sunshine.
Bruce Lowry and "Cosmo" AN5L33450