Re: Third Brake Lights

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Third Brake Lights
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 00:53:05 -0400
Cc: "Scott Johnston" <sjonston@dreamscape.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Whatever happened to the idea that you leave enough room between yourself
and the cars in front that the brake lights of the car in front of you give
you plenty of warning that it is going to stop?  Or,  (since you are paying
attention and are a safe distance behind) you see the guy in front of you
have a collision and have time to stop yourself?

I have heard your argument before, and I have tried to "see THROUGH the
glass in the car in front" to the third light of the car in front of them,
and in most cases I can't see nuttin'.  Maybe that's because I'm in my
Midget and the vehicle in front of me is a van, SUV, or an 8-foot high
pickup truck?  Guess  I'll have to buy a van or SUV to see the third brake
lights ahead of me.  Or just stay back a safe distance and watch the lights
of the car in front of me like I do now.

I still think the third light on the Big Healey was ridiculous.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain