Re: Seeking comments on Motorhead

To: jchurch@exis.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Seeking comments on Motorhead
From: Frmjr45@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 11:35:05 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-07-18 04:59:58 EDT, jchurch@exis.net writes:

<<
 >I just received the Sprite & Midget catalog from Motorhead of Fairfax VA.
 >Lots of good information, in addition to the usual listing of parts and
 >prices. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had dealings with
 >this company....are they reliable?....do they sell quality parts?.....etc,
 etc.

 >Thanks,
 >
 >Doug Ingram
 >Victoria BC
 >1958 Frogeye
 >AN5L/636 >>
    I have dealt with Motorhead off and on over the past 20 years, and have
gotten good parts and advice from them.  I had to send back some parts because
they were defective, but they always made good on them. Two years ago I
rebuilt the rear brakes on my Midget and I got some improperly machined wheel
cylinders that leaked.  After 2 sets of these, they finally were able to
obtain some Lockheeds that worked.  They worked well on this problem to
resolve it.  I was able to get the brakes done in time for British Car Day in
Bowie that year.  I found out later from Frank that there was a run of bad
wheel cylinders from Australia!
    They have always been quick in getting parts to me and their technical
people have been well-informed and helpful when I had questions.  It's
probably better to deal with a smaller organization.  The only person I ever
heard say anything bad about them was Jack Merryman of  Merryman Modifications
of formerly Hampstead, MD, now Hanover, PA.  He does sell parts himself, so
interpret that as you may.  One of his employees did dump on Motorhead a bit,
but consider the source.  Motorhead has always been good to me, and I will
most likely from now on go to them first.

Russ Mullaly
Ellicott City,MD
1962 Midget