for your files: front frame extension measurements

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: for your files: front frame extension measurements
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 10:25:29 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Listers:

For those of you who file information like this away for the future:

The front frame extensions on a Bugeye Sprite are not straight, they curve
upwards starting at a point in front of the front suspension. The rate of rise
is 1/2" (on-half inch) per 2 feet of distance.

To get this information I phoned Terry Horler in England who put me onto Ashley
Hinton. If you don't know who Ashley Hinton is, he is likely the bigeest and
best manufacturer of Spridget sheet metal, panels, and repair sections in the
world. The man knows everything about Sprite bodies!

Thanks,

Daniel

BTW, Ashley informed me that his company had obtained the original tooling and
was now re-making the bakelite heater motor housing, the metal heater box
housing, and the dash knobs for the heating system.