Re: harness & dizzy

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Subject: Re: harness & dizzy
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:10:02 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Evangelos G. Makris wrote:

> Please take the time to answer these two questions:
>
> A. I finally found the "correct" 25D4 distributor for my
> 1275 engine, used to be a 45D4! How can I tell which sparkplug
> lead goes to which hole in the (different shape) cap? Is there
> a way to "number" the cap holes with respect to the cylinders?

If you have a side entry dizzy cap, the hole nearest the "U" shaped
notch and closest to the bottom of the cap is #1, next lower is #3
on top of 1 is #2, on top of 3 is #4 coil wire is in the center on top
between 2 and 4
firing order 1-3-4-2 anti clockwise.

> B. How can I take a split from any wire in the harness?
> Are there any special "splitter" connectors available?

Most of the wire have the Lucas bullet connectors somewhere in line,
pick up extra connectors and bullets from any supplier and splice in
where ever there is an existing splice.
This saves the harness in it's original condition but yet you can add a
stereo, driving lamps, extra gauges, dash lights, etc.
Use the same color wires for various accessories, red/white for dash
laights, green for radio and gauges, red/blue for driving lights, or
totally different colors for things like alarms which were never in
Sprites.
That's the way I do it anyway. It keeps things simple when you have to
find a problem.

good luck
--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs