1275 Head Dilemma

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 1275 Head Dilemma
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@nashville.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 19:31:24 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello Spridgeteers:

I have been quiet for a while everything has been good with the
Midget.  It had started leaking a little water outside the head so I
scrounged up and new Head Gasket set and some new studs.  Today I
pulled the head to see what was there.  The car has only 27000 miles
on it from new but 26 years of I don't know what.  The head looks
fine, the valves have no recession and I had 140 Lbs of compression
before I started. I have cleaned up the carbon in the chambers and
checked the water and oil passages and all looks good and clean.  I
had intended to take it to a shop and get the head tanked and the
valves ground but now I don't know. I am thinking of just putting it
back together and driving it some more.  Am I missing something here
or should there be more problems than I am seeing?  What do you
think?  Put it back together or take it to the machine shop since it's
off anyway?

TIA
--
Mark