ignition timing - please help

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: ignition timing - please help
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 14:57:38 +0300
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Since I cannot figure this out myself perhaps you can help me.
Please forgive me if this sounds like a naive question:

My Sprite MkIII has a 1275 Morris Marina engine (12V prefix)
and I have both owner's workshop manuals (one for Spridgets and
one for 1300cc Marinas), therefore I have two different lists
of timing data.

Which such data should I go for? Those for a Sprite 12V engine
or Marina 12V engine - they are very different.

Now, the Marina is a big, heavy family car so the 12V unit in
there must be timed according to the service it's expected of
it to deliver, so please give me a hint.

Thank you

Evangelos