proper sale price?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: proper sale price?
From: VaN8v@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 16:15:08 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Listers:

I need help again!

Some time in the future, my husband and I are considering selling our Sprite
(considering getting a new car, will be no room in the garage at current
capacity!).  It's a '67 with a little rust but it looks really good.  The
interior is in bad shape, but we think that the carpet kit will make all the
difference in the way that looks.  It runs beautifully, and the only thing
that doesn't work is the speedometer/tachometer (to include the odometer).
All other electricals and gauges work correctly, it doesn't run hot, etc.
Everything looks good except the seats and top (we just put the boot on it and
forgot about it...).

So what do you think is a fair asking price?  We got it for $1500 in really
rough shape: barely running, looked awful.  This is just curious for the
moment, as I have no idea if we will be able to find another car that we like
(it took us 5 months to agree on our Audi A4 1.8Q).  I hate to part with it,
but the Sprite kicked my car out of the garage on arrival!

If anyone's interested, we're in the Tampa Bay area of Florida.

Thanks in advance,
Sondra Sondregger
1967 Austin Healey Sprite "Chitty"