Re: Brake light switch

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Brake light switch
From: Michael Dietsche <mdietsche@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 10:23:40 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The coil is mounted to the brake box cover, which comes off the box
with four screws -- you can pull off the cover/coil as an assembly to
expose the switch.  The switch backs out of the forward (toward front
of car) end of the box -- unhook the wiring first.  You might could
get at it to check connections without removing the coil, I don't
remember (I've got the whole assembly out for repaint and hydraulic
rebuild, so I forget what it looks like assembled).  Anyway, it's no
big deal to get the coil/cover off.

While you're in there, lube the brake and clutch cyl. linkages at the
clevis pins.  They wear really bad and cause plenty of pedal slop -
esp. in the clutch.  My clutch pedal was almost worn through at the
pin hole.  The pushrod holes were likewise elongated, and the pin
looked like a decorative furniture leg.  I had to fill it in the hole
in the pedal with a torch and redrill it.  One thing leads to
another....

M. Dietsche
78 Midget