Bugeye Door Latch

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bugeye Door Latch
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 12:14:40 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Has anyone bought a door latch or striker post for a Bugeye lately that
fit's.  I've tried three vendors and had to send them all back.  The striker
post's all stick out 1/8 inch farther than the original so that it does not
hit the door hole correctly, in fact all that I tried, hit the edge of the
door hole no matter how they were adjusted. The mounting holes in the
latch's don't even come close to lining up on most of them. Not even close
enough to drill out the holes. Out of the three sets that I tried, only one
latch would bolt in and the latch bolt on it, ended up down below the
striker hole in the door. All were made in Taiwan. Has anybody ordered them
from a UK supplier?

Larry Miller (millerls@msn.com)
59 Bugeye (Under Construction)
60 Bugeye (948, 5-Speed,1-Wire Alternator, and still Willie Nelson)
78 911 SC (Faster than a Bugeye but not as much fun)
Home Page http://members.xoom.com/bugiiis