Re: Green Engine Paint

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Green Engine Paint
From: jphender@soli.inav.net
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 13:03:03 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ulix,

I thought Hammerite would look cool, so I called Eastwood (about a year
ago) and asked if it would function as an engine paint.  They told me it
wouldn't handle the heat.    I don't think I was talking to a chemist if
you know what I mean.

I ended up buying 3 cans of their British engine green.  I have 2 full
cans left.  (Not your cheap half-empty cans!)

It did seem strange because I have a 12CD and it looked much paler before.

Jim Henderson

'69 Sprite MKIV HAN9U78817G