Re: Hydraulic systems rebuild vs. new

To: GMari58175@aol.com
Subject: Re: Hydraulic systems rebuild vs. new
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:29:17 PDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Only seen one from Apple that they sized too small for an MGB so that
the piston kept sticking in the bore and had to be honed out to work
correctly have heard second and third hand that Whitepost does a better
job but have not seen their work. Even for a Bugeye at $320 a pop for a
new one, if they are as good as the originals which with regular fluid
changes and a rebuild every now and then will last forever is really not
that big an expense. I do not know how long a brass sleeve will last
before wearing out. On some of the corvettes I have done they use
stainless steel for the sleeve material and that seems to hold up very
well 12+ years and still good. Anyone have any long term experience with
the brass sleeves??
Regards,
Peter.

bspruck@mindspring.com