Re: rover update

To: "Dustin Howarth" <howarth@pulsenet.com>
Subject: Re: rover update
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 08:20:35 -0700
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Dustin,
        Congrats!!! Great vehicles. Whole different driving experience... it
goes,
you "guide". I own 4 of 'em. 1 (1960 109") I've owned since '72 (my second
car after my '65 Midget). Go get on the Land Rover list at autox.team. lots
of traffic. You'll have to decide if you want to "restore" or drive/have
fun with this. Not quite the same choice as with a Spridget since there are
a lot of "cobbles" that look "factory". Simple bolt-on repairs. Easy fixes
usually, remember, these are designed to be fixed in the field with simple
tools. Galvanised frames available ~ $1500. Change-over takes a weekend
(ignoring the mushroom factor).
The engine is NOT a donor for a MGB. It is a durable though pokey 4-cyl.
(Carl was thinking of Range Rovers) There is a division between Series and
Rangie owners that is at best a friendly rivalry.
Enjoy it..... I do.  At that price you can't/didn't go wrong.
Peter C

>hi all -
>
>Well, in my typical careful, thoughtful, don't-buy-on-impulse style, I made
>an offer on the rover, and the owner accepted for $550.  For that amount, I
>don't think I can go wrong.

Peter Caldwell
1 very rough Innocenti
(the Sprite with an accent)