Have the Brake Light Figured.

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Have the Brake Light Figured.
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 20:41:29 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Thanks for all the replies for the two problems I posted regarding my 1979
Midge.  The Brake light problem is fixed---very simple but it took the
suggestion of someone on the list to make me look again.  I attempted to save
the responses but whoever suggested the simplest fix, checking the light bulb,
hit it on the head!!!!   I had checked the bulb by pulling it out of the
socket, placing the bottom on one post of the battery, then a wire to each of
the two contacts.  Both sides lit as they were supposed to so I had discounted
the bulb.

Upon a suggestion, I rechecked the bulb, but not by touching the contacts--by
simply looking at it.  I could see a tiny track on the brass casing left by
the short as it tracked across the base of the bulb.  So--while the bulb
worked when contacted directly, it would perform unkind tricks when in the
socket.  Enter a new bulb, and "BINGO!!" it worked like a charm.

Thanks again, guys!!!

----David
     '67 Sprite MKIV, aka, Vicky
     '79 Midget, aka, The Taz