SU rebuild - a few questions

To: Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: SU rebuild - a few questions
From: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 09:31:03 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi All,

    I am helping my friend rebuild the SU's from his '72 (good practice
for my '66 Sprite rebuild)  and I have a few questions:

1.    Throttle shafts: Is it absolutely necessary to put in new bushings
and ream to fit?  Can you just buy a new shaft and install?  One of them
has a definite ridge worn in it, the other is fine.

2.    Piston:  both pistons have a little surface rust on the air
cleaner side (sat with the air cleaners off)  If they are not pitted,
will a little "emery cloth" do the trick?

3.    Piston springs:  How "springy"  should they be?  These seem to
have less spring than a slinky (for fun its a wonderful toy)

4.    Linkage:  On my own SU's the linkage between the two throttles is
missing.  Can I get these parts from the usual suspects? (haven't seem
them)

5.    Unisyn:  the car came with one, but no instructions.  Anyone have
one that they can scan or send a copy via snail mail?

6..    Engine:  Anyone have a good 1098CC with all the acilliary goodies
for sale? (for me)

    Thanks for all the help,

Steve.