RE: Brake problems

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Brake problems
From: Joerger <joerger@open.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 21:25:53 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
...If I can't trust it, how do you go about rebuilding it? I bought a kit for
it, but I don't see any way to get it apart! The snap rings are WAY down a
narrow bore. What are my options here? I'll buy a new one if I have to, but
I can think of other places to put $190!

Really, really, really: buy a new one.  Really.  Honest.
It isn't worth the trouble to even try rebuilding a twin-
circuit master clyinder.  Even if you get the snap ring
out (mine wouldn't come out even when compressed!), you'll
get it all together and it will leak again and you'll want
to hurt something.  Really, replace it.

...and go ahead and rebuild the slave clyinders now to save
yourself having to do them one at a time as they go out over
the next three months.  Really!

        - Mark Joerger
          Salem, Oregon
          Westfield Eleven (see you at the Portland ABFM!)