FW: Pix from a north-country autocross

To: "MGs (E-mail)" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Spridget List (E-mail)" <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: FW: Pix from a north-country autocross
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 11:43:47 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
It seems that someone had one of those newfangled electronic camera thingys
at our last autocross.

For a stunning photo of a beautiful early Midget in action see:
http://www.visi.com/mac/images/m498/62m498.jpg
(Not that I'm prejudiced or anything)

I still can't figure out how I got the car in that particular spot, nor do
I remember nailing that  poor downed cone at the end of the slalom. As I'm
entering a particularly tight left-hander at this point, I suspect from the
tail-high attitude that I'm on the brakes with the ass(arse)-end of the car
swinging wide. It would seem that I ought to have more body lean in that
case, and I can't figure out the angle of the front wheels but that's my
guess, anyway.   I did make a rather spectacular off-course excursion at
this very spot on one run but that can't be the run pictured because I took
out about half the slalom that time.

There's a bunch of shots of other less-interesting cars at

http://www.visi.com/mac/98m4pics.htm

Phil Vanner
One of them old-fashioned fossil-burners