RE: Roll Bar

To: "'Lancer7676@aol.com'" <Lancer7676@aol.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Roll Bar
From: Jeff Zurschmeide <jzurschm@etec.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 08:50:51 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I had a roll bar in my '70 that would accomodate the convertible top.

What I did (and this is with the later top bow - earlier ones might even

be easier) was to observe that the top of the roll bar was about the
same height
as the rear top bow. So I cut that bow out of the assembly and installed
the roll
bar so that it served the purpose of the top bow.

Also, at the same time, replace the top, since you can then cinch it
down on the
forward mount (it has to be glued) for a nice tight fit without being
too tight.

Also, whatever you do, make sure that that roll bar is about 2" or more
higher
than the top of your head when you're sungly belted in. If it's not at
least 2"
taller than you, well, it won't help you much in a rollover.

Tonneaus you'll just have to cut and sew to fit.

I have minimal welding skills, too, which is why
I take roll structures to a professional. No offense
intended, but your life may depend on the quality
of the work.

JZ