Re: Question - Carpet snaps, number and location

To: redlotus@spacey.net, ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: Re: Question - Carpet snaps, number and location
From: GMari58175@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 18:41:22 EDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-09-14 16:57:02 EDT, redlotus@spacey.net writes:

<< Ulix,
 I don't know if they're still around, but there was a place called Automat
 in NY in Hicksville. I did find a phone # on the web - (516) 938-7373  .  I
 bought a closeout $100 set for my old MGB that blew away the "deluxe" crap
 I got from, ahem, a major retailer. They were on the expensive side, but
 ask about closeouts.  They advertised in Road and Track for years back in
 the days of Barbara Eden with a girl in a bikini under the ad line "Car Pet
 Anyone?"  Ah, simpler times... >>

I have been to Automat though not recently.  Spoke with the owner and saw
their operation.  Top shelf!  They have original patterns for every car
imaginable.  Bought my hardura set for myoldbugeye there, and was top rate.
Usual disclaimers.

george marinos
sprite MKIIAn6
glen rock, nj