Re: Dieseling

To: Biff Jones <biffjones@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Dieseling
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 19:23:38 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spidgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Biff,
timing is only connected very remotely, if your timing is off enough to
run it hot, this will promote dieseling since a hot engine is more prone
to dieseling.  It is not directly connected because timing is spark timing
and there is no more spark after you turn the key off.

Was your engine running hotter than normal?

Ulix

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Biff Jones wrote:

> All,
>
> Tonite when I shut my bugeye off it started dieseling (running
> on).  It's been so long since this last happened I can't remember
> what the checks are and in what order!  It was set rich by the PO
> and I have (I thought) leaned it out.  Carbon buildup from him
> running it rich?  Haven't checked the timing, but it feels right.
> But if I remember correctly timing did have something to do with
> it, right?
> Any and all advice will be gladly accepted.
> TIA,
>
> Biff, AN5, 'Kermit' & HAN6, 'Ole Gray'

                                                           '67 Sprite