Much Joy

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Much Joy
From: Dave Hiley <dhiley@cadvision.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 19:13:26 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
And a Happy Sunday to all:

Fantastic, Unbelievable, Yo Baby,  .......  It runs!!  :))))

Seven months after the tear down began the moment of truth arrived today.
And it was good, very damn good.  After a couple of minutes of doubt due to
no oil pressure we primed the oil pump and 70 lb soon registered on the
gauge.  In went the plugs and the sweet sound I've been waiting for filled
the garage.  A quick check revealed no oil leaks so we popped the cork on
the champagne!

Later I took it out to a nearby industrial area and put 10 miles on it.  At
this point I have no muffler only a dump pipe from the headers just behind
the driver's door so it is quite loud.

Many, many thanks to all those who gave bountiful advice and encouragement.
 It's been 26 years since I last tackled an engine rebuild so this is one
sweet day.

dave
72' MKIII