RE: What's it take to buy a car from Canada

To: M Brouillette <mbrouill@ix.netcom.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: What's it take to buy a car from Canada
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 10:30:20 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

see: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/can9807.html
For Specifics about Canadian Importation (this site deals with safety only
- not emissions. The EPA phone number is on the page so you can call them
and find out what you need to do for that. If it's over 25 years old you're
home free. If it isn't, get one of the listed Registered Importers to
handle it and you should be fine.

To see the rest of the rules (non-Canadian) drop the "can9807.html" off the
end of the URL - the NHTSA site has pretty poor navigation.

Phil Vanner
Mk1 Midget