Re: Puddles is Mine!

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Puddles is Mine!
From: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 08:45:30 -0500EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> From:          Frmjr45@aol.com
> Date:          Sun, 4 Oct 1998 01:30:49 EDT
> To:            lmyer@probe.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject:       Re: Puddles is Mine!

> In a message dated 98-10-03 13:51:57 EDT, lmyer@probe.net writes:
>
> <<
>  For those who are interested, I will be picking up "Puddles" in a few weeks.
>
>  Could be the most expensive 1967 MKIV Sprite in history (correct me if I'm
>  wrong)!  In the property settlement I proposed, I get the car and she gets
>  $60K cash that came from the sale of our house......so I doubt if I will be
>  selling the car anytime soon!  Guess I kinda got attached to that little car.
>
>  Les
>   >>
> Hi Les,
>   I'm sorry for what you've been through. You've still got Puddles anyway.
> I'm going through the same sort of thing myself.  It may or may not work out
> in the long run for me, but my Midget has always been in my name from the
> results of a previous failed relationship and I never changed it.  Nobody else
> drives it but me, and nobody can take it away from me. We've been through a
> lot together since 1963.  It seems to outlast all my human relationships.
>
> Russ Mullaly
> 1962 Midget

Les,

Sorry for what you are going through.  I got to keep my '66 Sprite
after my divorce this February.  Fortunately, my ex never knew I
owned the car.  Anyway, the car has been a great joy partly because I
know it isn't in her hands.  Glad to know you got Puddles back.  I
think everyone on the list felt simply terrible when we saw the for
sale posting of Puddles some time ago.  We will all take comfort
knowing she is home.

Paul
Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.
Lexington, KY