PCV Specifics

To: "Team Thicko Mail List" <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: PCV Specifics
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 16:45:22 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Does anyone have a specific PCV valve replacement they've used with a 1275?
 I'm at the "buy a handful and try 'em til one works" stage as World's
Longest Rebuild approaches startup on Sunday.

I'm going with a 1/4 NPT thread into the Cannon manifold flat, with the PCV
valve screwed right into the manifold.  I will probably route the valve
cover and timing cover into a "y" with check valves in each line.  I was
going to do an ejector line into the exhaust with anti-backfire valves,
etc., but David Anton of APT (Vizard's company) advised against it.  He
said they've discontinued offering a similar setup as they could never
really get it to work due to low exhaust velocities.  I think it can be
done with a venturi tapped at the throat so you get decent vacuum plus
pressure recovery downstream of the venturi, but I don't have time or $$
for a science project at this point.