Engine Paint Primer

To: don browne <browne@ici.net>
Subject: Engine Paint Primer
From: Michael Dietsche <mdietsche@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 06:17:59 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Plasti-Kote makes an engine paint primer which can take elevated
temperatures.  I use it anytime I use engine paint since I hate to
redo anything a few years down the line.  Engine paint is pretty
adhesive on its own, but the primer should give a better base than
spraying the paint on bare metal. If you can't find the hi-temp primer
I'd skip using primer on a hot part, since the effect of heat on
regular primer would be an open question....

MD