Re: Getting Speedo apart

To: <GMari58175@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Getting Speedo apart
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 18:24:27 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
You are right George -  I should have followed up completely before
posting, but what I got back was worthy of a warning and it was 2:00 am
when i posted with little tolerance left after a long day (waah, waah,
waah). I haven't spoken to anyone since I got it back, though I have
called.  I did speak to a young lady when the speedo was being done to try
to verify that they had gotten my instructions and were following them.
She informed me that the unit had already been shipped back to me, so I
never spoke to any of the rebuilders.  As I said, I got recommendations
from several people who's opinions I respect (yours was one - you posted a
recommendation a few months back).  I was very surprised at what I got
back.  I'll certainly provide an update and kudo if they fix it right.

Ron

----------
> From: GMari58175@aol.com
> To: redlotus@spacey.net; ulix@u.washington.edu
> Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Getting Speedo apart
> Date: Thursday, October 15, 1998 5:25 AM
>
> Ron,
> First question I have is...Did You Call Them!!!
> Bob at Nispongers is about as air as I have seen.  Actually was at his
house
> two nights ago buying some parts.  We are not friends, I'm just a wacky
> customer!!~
> You must give them the benefit of calling them and telling them of your
> issues.  This is a very small outfit with only a few people doing the
> rebuilds.  So they don't send stuff out etc.  Call me if you need some
> assistance or they don't respond reasonably.
> Usual disclaimers...but something is amiss here and hate to see it
blasted all
> over.
> PS  I am amazed that they have Email!  This place is like walking into
the
> 1950's.  No computers there.  Let me know how it turns out.
>
> george marinos
> sprite MKII AN6
> glen rock, nj
> In a message dated 98-10-15 01:51:40 EDT, redlotus@spacey.net writes:
>
> << Just paid $115 to Nisonger Instrument in NY.  Heard they were the best
from
>  many people, several of whom's opinions I value greatly.  Been around
for
>  50 years.  Well, my mileage varied.  I personally would not recommend
them.
>   The face of my speedo came back worse than when it left, they did not
>  follow my written instructions to call me for a particular repair I
wanted,
>  the needle bounces more than when I sent it out, and they stuck me for
COD