Re: Wet, Dry boiling points

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Wet, Dry boiling points
From: "Guy Weller" <Guy.Weller@nationwideisp.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 21:46:19 +0100
Cc: <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Daniel,
as I confessed last night, (or was it thismorning ?) I had mis-read the can,
it is DOT 5.1, and is not silicone.
The particular fluid is marketed in this country by "Halfords" in their own
packaging, but I am pretty sure that they are not the manufacturers - they
are a UK high street retail chain for car and bike stuff (my apologies for
being obvious if you know that already !)

Info on the can:

(quote)
DOT 5.1, suitable for all applications except where mineral based fluids
(LHM) are specified.
Exceeds specifications FMVSS 116 DOT3, DOT 4 and DOT 5.1, SAE J1703 and ISO
4925.
Will mix safely with other fluids conforming to these specifications
Contains Polyalkylene Glycol Ethers and Ether Esters
(end quote)

Guy