Re: New Top

To: "Robert B. Houston" <transerv@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: New Top
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 08:14:43 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Robert,

I don't know if you have driven a Spridget in hot weather with the top up.
It gets almost unbearably hot.  There is so much engine and transmission
heat coming in and the little side windows cannot cope.  If you had a zip
out rear window, it might be ok.  I guess long highway drives might be ok
too.  Used to live in 110 degree Tucson, AZ...

Ulix

On Sun, 18 Oct 1998, Robert B. Houston wrote:

> Just finished struggling the new top on...took a couple of hours.
>
> I spent twenty minutes taking the old lift the dots off the old top to find
> new ones on the new top.  Also, all but two of the holes were prepunched for
> the rear.
>
> Thank you BPC, I'm very happy.
>
> Did have one small problem...the drivers side door would not shut with the
> new top in place.  The top of the vent window frame scrapes against the
> front edge of the top.  A little judicious bending of the edge of the top
> (front metal portion) more or less fixed it, but my question is WHY?
>
> Also, I put the sucker on real tight as it is about 75 degrees today.  When
> it hits 110+ in the summer, I want it to be somewhat tight.  I know, why
> would I have it up in the summer?  To avoid 2nd dregree burns from our
> everpresent sun...
>
> Robert Houston
> 74 Midget, Katy

                                                           '67 Sprite