Re: Storage

To: dannyr@flint.umich.edu, ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: Re: Storage
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 07:07:37 PDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Additions to the below list.
Take it on a good long run to thoroughly warm up the exhaust and get all
the moisture out so it won't rust. Go home and immediatly change the
oil. Get back in and drive to the closest gas station and put fuel
stabilizer in and fill the tank. Drive it home and then store it. This
allows the fresh oil to circulate and the fuel stabiliser mix to get all
the way through the system to the carbs. Additionally remove the clutch
and brake master cylinder caps and put a piece of plastic wrap under the
cap before replacing this slows down the absorbtion of moisture by the
brake fluid.
If you live in an area with rodents a piece of screen over the exhaust
will prevent them from nesting there. I have heard that some mothballs
in the car will stop them from eating up your interior. Of course living
in North Carolina I get to drive mine all year round. Hee Hee Hee. :-).
Regards,
Peter.