Re: Velcro - Soft tops

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: Velcro - Soft tops
From: "Danny Rendleman" <dannyr@flint.umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 18:34:51 +0000
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Daniel and friends:

Beyond the obvious, that the fasteners would provide a better
connection, are the velcro strips hard to replace?

Is it likely that the new velcro on a new top would not mesh with the
strips on the car?

By the way, I'm discovering little secret pockets of expertise around
town that I didn't know existed--good mechanic, a top and upolstery
guy (who I'm told is old and slow but a perfectionist--saw his work
on a B), and local owners of LBC's.  A delight, even though storage
begins next week...or so.  Gotta see what the weather will be like.

Danny

 From:
 Daniel1312@aol.com Date:          Fri, 23 Oct 1998 17:12:35 EDT To:
          transerv@sprynet.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net Subject:
  Velcro - Soft tops Reply-to:      Daniel1312@aol.com

You might like to modify the car and hood to use an additional tenax fastener
instead of replacing the velcro.

Daniel
74 Midget
GAN5UE153226G