Pick-A-Part

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pick-A-Part
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 21:43:59 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Today was the semi annual local junk yard Pick-A-Part day.
$35 gets you in the gate and what ever you can physically carry across
the scale (not drag) is yours.
Well I even had a coupon for $5 off admission so for my 30 bucks I came
home with a complete Spitfire dash board w/gauges and most of the bulbs
and wires.
4 Mitsubishi alternators 2 of which are brand new looking.
And 1 Datsun 210 5 speed tranny, driveshaft and speedo cable.
Not to mention all the little doodads that fit in the tool bucket or
pockets.

Crash, and you thought your $65 datsun 5 speed was a deal!
$30 for a 5 speed, 4 alternators, speedo, tach, fuel, water, another 2"
VDO clock since I gave my Smiths clock to George, a few leather shift
boots, 2 good casette tapes, a new pair of wiper blades, lots of bullet
connectors and Lucas dash light bulbs, and a pot! (yeah I now have a
Revere Ware pot for the garage and my wife already asked what her pot
was doing in the garage. It's mine to test temp gauge senders or to
reblacken glass beaded engine bolts.
I would have to say that today was a very good day. Best $30 I ever
spent. And I was home by 1:00 for lunch.

Now when do I put a 5 speed in PIECES?
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ