Re: on reassembly of my kingpins...

To: Thecarguru@aol.com
Subject: Re: on reassembly of my kingpins...
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 22:19:20 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
If you have the nyloc nuts on the trunnion, it has been replaced at some
point in the past. (not positive on RB models but all up to 74 came with
castle nuts/cotter pins)
The nyloc nuts cam be tightened with out the shims since the nyloc will
hold it where you put it. The old castle head nuts with cotter pins left
a bit of play thus calling for shims as required.
Too tight on the nut and it will be hard to steer.

Frank

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ