Re: What's a 1500 Midget?

To: Jarrod Harris <mgjarrod@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: What's a 1500 Midget?
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 17:35:28 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Jarrod!

The 1500 Midgets were made from 1975 to end of production.  The engine was
taken from a Triumph Spitfire and modified slightly.  Some say it's the
worst of the Midgets, I say it's my favorite.  The body style moved from
round wheel arches back to square arches for crash safety and rubber
bumpers were put on the car.  Yes, the engine is totally different from
any of the other earlier Midgets.  Other differences include replacing the
dual SU carbs with a single Zenith-Stromberg, but only in the US.    The
1500 does come from the engine capacity.

Hope that helps!

adrian

PS You can visit my website and find plenty of RB (1500) midget pictures.

--
J. Adrian Barnes

http://user.icx.net/~adrian/midget
http://www.ravineware.com