Tranny buzz, and a case of the dumbs

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tranny buzz, and a case of the dumbs
From: Rick/Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:51:22 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Spridgeteers,

I while ago I was complaining about a tranny buzz at 3500 and 4000
RPM's.  Well, I have found the problem and I didn't even have to pull
the engine.  I recently rebuilt the master cylinder on Puddles and while
trying to prime the master I removed the brake lines at the switch and
clutch cylinder.  I slightly bent the clutch tubing and my tranny buzz
got worse.  So,  my case of the the tranny buzz was actually a clutch
tubing buzz.  It sure sounded like it was coming from the tranny, I
guess it vibrated through the slave cylinder into the transmission.
Just a case of the dumbs, but glad I don't have to pull the engine.

Rick
--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby