Re: cooling system question.....and more ramblings

To: "SPRIDGETS" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: cooling system question.....and more ramblings
From: "Mostyn" <mostyn_f@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 14:07:32 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I, on the other hand, have a new balanced 1330 engine ($$$$) with VP3 cam,
Ported big valves etc.., inch and three-quarter SU, LCB manifold, blocked
off bypass hose, new four row Radiator (about $150), new front shroud, and a
160 degree thermo. The 50-50 mix of old coolant-antifreeze...AND..Live in
Southern Calif...AND... can't get my temp over about 165-170 even in traffic
with the plastic blade...So...  conclusion.. When it's new it works, when
it's not new, who knows. Oh I also have the old style cast Iron pump. I also
had some work done removing some of the metal around the thermostat if I
remember correctly. I only have about 600 miles on the engine.. I think
after all my bad heating problems I had with my first BugEye in 1965, I
wanted to eliminate most if not all of the potential problems. I hope I have
learned correctly. And I hope this is of some help to others...PS, I think
my cam is too hot for the road, I don't get much poop under 3000 rpm but
after that .....

GET ALL THE WOMEN AN CHILDREN OFF THE STREET !!!

(( Disclaimer ))
But you probable should not listen to me..Cause I also used lots of
Stainless steel bolts on my Sprite (not in the engine though) and they look

PPS,  The spell checker in Outlook express suggests Budgie for BugEye

ramble ramble ramble

Mostyn
ANAL/8625
WHOOPEE