RE: 1979 Road Test

To: "'Larry and Sandi Miller'" <millerls@email.msn.com>, "'Mike Gigante'" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>, "'spridgeteers'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: 1979 Road Test
From: Jeff Zurschmeide <zurschmeidej@interactivenw.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 15:15:37 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>Just think what an alloy short stroke twin cam 150 BHP motor
>with 5 speed box might have done to the performance figures. It was
>technology they *could* have brought to bear if they wished...
>
>I blame BL, not the reviewers.
>
>Mike

And you could probably still sell them today. I get mad every time I
think
about BL.
You mean the Miata? Mazda *is* selling them today. Probably if
you adjust for inflation, at about the same price. With about 150HP
and a nice 5-speed and groovy suspension.

I have a friend who consistently refers to BL as
"British Phlegmsucking Leyland" over these
issues.

JZ