Princesses was LBC list prices when new

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Princesses was LBC list prices when new
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 15:53:26 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I guess a Princess in Great Britain is something in the USA and vice versa.

The Princess here 1980s went and had a face lift and became an ambassador
still 1980s.

What you say is a Princess or Vanden Plas sounds like what was an Allegro over
here which had A -Series engines and O Series engines.  They made a 1750cc
twin Carb Allegro which was very rapid.

They had engines from 1.8L to 2.2L some were 6 cyl - all were transverse, non
are collectible, someone made a special as a hearse.

Strangely enough a couple of weeks ago I was overtaken (first time in months
maybe years that I can remember) while in my Sprite.  I could see this big
Princess Hearse looming up in my rear view mirror.  I couldn't be bothered to
change down and 'floor it'.  I just thought if someone wants to overtake me
and to 90mph in the wet in a hearse they are welcome.  There was no-one in the
back and I preferred it to remain that way.

Vanden Plas is a marque in its own right but was used to specify upmarket trim
on BL cars in the 70s-80s.

Daniel 1312