RE: Drippy 1275

To: "'Eriks Skinkis'" <eriks@netspace.net.au>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Drippy 1275
From: Jeff Zurschmeide <zurschmeidej@interactivenw.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 17:17:00 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
It is (in my experience) depressingly typical.

I replaced the seals on the oil pan a few times, put on one
of those aftermarket 360-degree oil seals, and finally determined
it was caused by a cracked rear plate, leaking from the oil
pump area.

Try the pan gaskets/seals first, as you can do those without
pulling the motor.

I ended up making a full belly pan out of aluminum for my
race car (my fellow competitors appreciated it, believe me)
which I pad with little polypropylene maxi-pads (available at
marine supply stores) to catch the old girl's incontinence.

JZ