Re: 4 core radiator for bug eye

To: Mostyn <mostyn_f@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: 4 core radiator for bug eye
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 16:17:57 +0000
Cc: SPRIDGETS <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I had my radiator re-cored at Ace Radiator in San Bernardino, California.  The
guy has been there forever and does all the antique and collector cars in this
area.  I had originally asked hin to just put a Chevy 3 row core in it.  The
Chevy core has the honeycomb fins for more improved cooling through more fin
area to dissipate the heat. He asked me what kind of a car I had and I told him
a 60 Austin Healey Sprite.  He looked through a large catalog and said,"Oh yeah
I can get that.  What do you want, 2 or 3 row core?"  I said 3 row and when I
came back in a week to pick it up, it looked exactly like the original core.
The fin spacing was the same, you couldn't tell the difference! Hopefully, this
will preclude any overheating problems here in San Bernardino in the summer.
           Mike MacLean-60 Sprite