book review

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: book review
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 15:29:25 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Nobody has done this yet so I will.....

I just finished reading Daniel Stapleton's book: "How to Power Tune MG
Midget and Austin Healey Sprite". Excellent book, very complete and easy to
understand.

Obviously he is tackling a very broad topic. The author was intelligent
enough to realize that Vizard's book is the bible on the subject of engines
and so he simply tells the reader to refer to it. As a guide through what
modifications are available for these cars it is an excellent source. Found
out a bunch of things I didn't know before and sources I didn't know
existed. In that way the book has already paid for itself (... and isn't
that the acid test of any book purchase?).

Stapleton is a brit so lots of references to shops/suppliers in the U.K.
but to his credit he names sources and persons in the U.S. extensively.
Does not seem to have any affiliation with a particular supplier which is
good.

If you are considering modifying your Midget or Sprite then buy the book. A
lot of the questions asked on this list are answered in the book.

I have no financial interest in this book or the publisher, yada, yada,
yada.......

Daniel T.
'58 and '64 Sprites

Oh yeah, you can get the book from    http://www.amazon.com