misfire, exhaust, etc.

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: misfire, exhaust, etc.
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 18:56:20 +0200
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello Spridgeteers,

after going over the car today, I'd like to ask the list a few q's.

a. I noticed a misfire every 1 second at 3,000 rpm. It's a steady
small hiccup. Checked the plugs, they have a healthy colour and
gap is correct. What else could it be?

b. My car (66 Sprite Mk3) has the single box exhaust system.
Does your exhaust go below or above the rear axle? Mine goes
below it. Is this correct?

c. Is there a "direct water tap" for the heater? I'd like to
bypass the troublesome water tap and still use the heater - yes,
it is cold here too now! I know there is one such thing for
0.625" bore hoses but ours is 0.5", right?

Thank you,
Evangelos