Re: crankcase venting

To: tzuchow@ibm.net, Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: crankcase venting
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 16:01:05 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The general view over here in what one person described as 'the old country'
is that the more breathing the better - especially so on a performance engine.
There is no reason I can think of why you should not use a rocker cover
breather if you want one.  Perhaps the reason the breather was blocked off on
the metal cover you have is that it was not usual for a breather on the
Spridget but was on the Mini etc.

I vent my rocker cover breather to an oil catch tank but find that most oil is
'breathed' via the timing gear case, also to a catch tank.

This is not typical and I have no PCV valve, and the car is emissions tests
exempt (here in the UK).

Daniel 1312