mkII screen success!, swap meet

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: mkII screen success!, swap meet
From: J6879758@emu.bendigo.latrobe.edu.au
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 12:30:54 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
hi folks,
thanks to those who offered advice on how to fit the windscreen to a
mkII sprite. My brother and I got it in in about 30 minutes with
minimal cursing and a lot of sorbolene cream for lubrication.
now all I need for roadworthiness is to change those darn radius arm
bushes, when I finally get the rear bolts out.
In other news the Bendigo national all makes all models swap meet was
on this weekend (biggest in the southern hemisphere and just down
the road from me!). Scored a set of 'perry' extractors for AUD$75. My
brother was going to buy a new set for $200 but the welding and
construction was of low quality and just down the way a bit we got 2
sets for $150. The only bummer is that the outlet is pointing right
at the chassis rail, meaning that some bending is going to be needed.
A thicker gasket might even remedy it. Is it wise to say, sandwich
2 gaskets between the head and manifolds or will that cause probs?
thanks
andy