RE: front rotors

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "'J. Adrian Barnes'" <adrian@icx.net>
Subject: RE: front rotors
From: "Elliott, Patrick" <PElliott@attws-wr.swest.attws.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 14:35:19 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
That's about right. Sounds like the bearing is stuck to the spindle. A large
gear puller would suffice.
Me, personally, ( I not suggesting this as the "correct" method to all those
who have their flames ready.)
I would put the nut back on just until the threads are flush, then pull real
hard on the rotor with thine hands whilst giving the spindle a hearty thwack
with the leather (or plastic or lead filed rubber but not the metal one,
never the metal one.) mallet.
This usually will free the rotor/hub from the spindle. if not..... get a big
gear puller and carefully work it out.