Re: thanks, engine pull, now clutch

To: Palmer Family <amesfolks@snovalley.com>
Subject: Re: thanks, engine pull, now clutch
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 14:44:03 -0700
Cc: mg list sprite <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, Mg List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Palmer Family wrote:

> Now, I need a ne clutch, throwout, pressure plate..  Where might the best
> place to buy these be?

Moss, Mini Mania, Motorhead. Get the 'real' throwout bearing.

>  Or should I do mini-mania's racing button clutch?
> (I'm really hard on the clutch!)

Any button (or similar solid disc clutch) will be equally hard on you. The
'spring-loaded' center is far better for any application other than full
race (IMHO)

I just removed a Tilton solid center disc from my 1275 Bugeye because of the
shudder upon engagement. The 'cure' is to slip the clutch more, therefore
elevated wear for street and light performance applications.

Just my perspective.

Scott Meyers
60 Bugeye
Phoenix Arizona